Egg noodles and tofu in peanut sauce
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 brick (454 g) firm tofu, cut into long matches
- 250 g egg noodles (uncooked)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 8 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 5 tbsp vegetarian chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp chili oil
1. Combine all ingredients to create peanut sauce. Add the tofu to the sauce, cover and marinate in refrigerator for several hours (at least 1 hour).
2. Cook a few minutes the zucchini and peppers in grapeseed oil. Book.
3. Cook the egg noodles as directed on package. Drain well. Pour the sesame oil and mix.
4. Heat the tofu and marinade in a saucepan.
5. Arrange noodles on individual plates. Evenly distribute the sauce, tofu and vegetables.
Can also be served over rice vermicelli.
Published at April 30, 2008 20:07